Davies’ overview of governance analyzes the key trends and issues most important to Canadian public companies and provides practical advice to boards of directors to meet these challenges head on.
In this edition:
- Ten Regulatory and Legal Developments GCs and Boards Need to Know About examines key developments related to activist short selling, financial disclosure, special committees, fairness opinions, climate disclosure, EAW clauses, and more.
- Protect your board against allegations of oppression provides an overview of abuse claims, when they arise, and practical steps councils can take to protect themselves.
- Trends and Best Practices in CEO Successionanalyzes recent trends in CEO departures in Canada and the United States, key disclosure considerations, and best practices in ongoing planning strategies.
- True Majority Voting for CBCA Public Companies: Is Your Board Ready? discusses frequently asked questions and key considerations for companies that are subject to the new majority voting regime for uncontested director elections.
- Competing Frameworks: Mandatory Climate Disclosure Is (Almost) Here compares the proposals of the Canadian Securities Administrators with the stricter rules proposed by US and international regulators.
Read our report.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.