Shanda Botts, SVP, Ethics and Compliance, Labor Law and Litigation, AARP
Teresa Johnson, Partner, Arnold & Porter
Peter Gioello, Attorney, Arnold & Porter
Association of Corporate Counsel
National Capital Region
October 6, 2022
Questions and topics we will cover today
1. What are the main ESG issues facing companies today?
2. What keeps leaders and directors up at night when it comes to ESG?
3. Examples of ESG backlash and how to respond to highly politicized social issues
4. What is the role of the Board with regard to ESG?
5. ESG risk and responsibility management
I. Board Committees
ii. ESG communications
6. Recognize and manage competing stakeholders
7. What are the ESG opportunities?
What are the main ESG issues facing companies today?
Types of ESG risks
- Litigation risks
- Regulatory risks
- Disclosure risk
- Human capital risk
- Climate-related physical risks
- Climate-related transition risks
- Reputation/Brand Value Risks
- Data Privacy/Data Security Risks
- Lobbying risks
- Risks associated with a missed opportunity
Download the presentation:
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.