Strengthening the culture of dialogue and open local governance in the Republic of Moldova The project is recruiting a senior project officer
Do you have experience in implementing cooperation projects? Are you passionate about local democracy and the principles of open government and public ethics? Do you want to contribute to the activities of an international organization working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The project “Strengthening the culture of dialogue and open local governance in the Republic of Moldova” is implemented by the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities in the framework of the Council of Europe Action Plan for the Republic of Moldova (2021-2024). The project aims to strengthen policy dialogue between local and central authorities and provide support for improving the quality of local governance through open government, public ethics, integrity, prevention corruption and gender equality at the local level. Employment is limited to the duration of the project, which is expected to end in March 2024.
As Senior Project Officer, you will carry out multiple assignments to meet the general and specific objectives of the Council of Europe project “Strengthening the culture of dialogue and open local governance in the Republic of Moldova” and will play a key role in the implementation of the project. field activities. More specifically, you will carry out the following tasks in accordance with the Organization’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, in the interests of quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- plan, organize and monitor project activities, in accordance with the project work plan and its schedule of activities, ensuring timely delivery; and relevant reports;
- ensure the quality and relevance of activities and contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project;
- establish and maintain close working contacts with relevant project partners and stakeholders, and ensure a regular flow of information on organized activities and progress of project implementation;
- prepare and ensure control and monitoring of budgetary and financial issues related to project activities, and propose adjustment measures if necessary;
- provide substantive information on specific activities and regular advice to headquarters regarding local developments in the thematic area;
- provide effective evaluation of results and achievements and regular advice to supervisors on problems encountered; suggest priorities and adjustments if necessary;
- provide technical support and background information to headquarters staff, members of Congress and short-term consultants when undertaking field missions;
- maintain regular contacts and exchanges with beneficiaries, stakeholders, partners/donors and consultants;
- contribute to increase the visibility of the project, provide and ensure an adequate flow of information with project stakeholders and relevant partners and experts;
- coordinate your work within the framework of the overall action of the Council of Europe Office;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office and the direct management of the project;
- contribute to the development of Congress co-operation activities as required;
- promote the values of the Council of Europe internally and externally.
What we are looking for
At a minimum, you must:
- hold a full cycle of general secondary education and appropriate professional qualifications (eg in project management and/or governance);
- have a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in contributing to the implementation of cooperation projects in the field of governance, at international and/or national level, including at least two years in a management position;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of English.
- be a citizen of the host country or of one of the 47 member states of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 on the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate that you possess the following skills
Professional and technical expertise:
- proven knowledge and understanding of European standards in the field of local and regional democracy, ethical and open governance, as well as the work of the Council of Europe in this field;
- knowledge of the current political context and the system of local self-government in the Republic of Moldova and the policies and projects implemented at the local level;
- knowledge of the overall political, economic and social context in the region and in Europe;
- relevant experience in the implementation of projects, including the management of financial resources.
- knowledge of project management tools (Project management methodology, logical frameworks, risk monitoring, budgeting, etc.);
- Work planning and organization
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Relationship building
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
The deadline for applications is March 22, 2022 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe’s online application system at: www.coe.int/jobs. Please complete the form providing all requested details and explaining how your skills make you the best candidate for this position. It usually takes a few hours to complete, so please take this information into consideration when applying.